Skip to main content

Meri Shalini (an imaginary girl) by Manish Mehra

MERI SHALINI sounds homespun but i have given you my everything. Yes i have. I am listening to an old Spanish song and you are just like that song. I am lost, drowning, floating in this song and trying to understand. This song hits me instantly, reminds me of having those tipsy evenings with you that i want to live with you everyday. This crowd i just want, DRUNKEN NIGHT, YOU AND I only. Don't you like it?

Okay, let's get little more homey. You sleeping on my lap , i am reciting a poetry from my book under the warmth of my favorite silky blanket in a dark room decorated with candles and your fragrance while playing with your hairs, warming your cold cheeks through my palm and breathing softly in your hairs.

Notice where i become un-melodious- know when i turn soul-stirring. Hear me complimenting you gingerly- just know that i am still drifting into the same old Spanish song and if somewhere, i become fierce with my words, don't put finger on my lips, just know that it's you, just you. You are as beautiful as i imagine you in my eyes, You are light of that dark-room. You are softness of the Moon that is staring at us from that half-opened window.

let this poetry going on like this. I will leave every word of my poetry floating on our bed. Don't leave those words shattered on our bed in same way i'd leave. Pick them up and l fill them inside me by kissing on my fore-head. Don't let me go then.
If you doubt on my scattered poetry. Hold me tight, come so close to me where you can hear only my breathe. you will know that every beads on my breath recites your name.

YOU ARE MY IMAGINARY GIRL.I NAMED YOU SHALINI MERI SHALINI

Penned by
Manish Mehra
Gurgaon, Haryana, India



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sarhad by Mandvi Mishra

Sarhad by Mandvi Mishra

Koi To Apna Raha Hota by Priya Dwivedi